Question:
Does anyone else doubt that Oswald shot Kennedy ?
2006-02-15 13:22:12 UTC
Working out sniping situation: from that position, using a cheap bolt-action rifle with a scope with poor eye-relief, tracking a moveing target that is speeding up on a curved road from 20 - 30 yards distant at the first shot... I am saying not one person in 10,000 could have done it. Plus he was shot from the other direction ...based on the Zapruder film.
Four answers:
2006-02-15 13:41:29 UTC
I can believe that Oswald might have taken a few shots at the motorcade, but I don't believe he was the only person in Dallas assigned to kill Kennedy. It's a fact that he deliberately took a menial job at one of the prime locations for a sniper's nest in Dealey Plaza. Oswald did have marksmanship training in the Marines and held a serious grudge against Kennedy for his Cuban and Russian policies.

Having said all that, I believe Oswald was duped into believing he was the sole person responsible for carrying out the assassination. Whoever orchestrated the hit probably assigned another team to make sure the job was done right and Oswald didn't nerve out at the last minute. One of these men was hiding near the grassy knoll, probably in a Ghillie suit to look like the ground. He wouldn't necessarily have to run away during the ensuing chaos- he probably sat perfectly still until he could slip out unnoticed.

There were men at the scene claiming to be officials from the FBI and CIA who were never seen again or interrogated. They were observed picking up shell casings and bullet fragments.

I've also had problems believing the fatal headshot footage. Zapruder jerked his arm four times during the shooting, which was an involuntary reaction to the sound of gunfire. Kennedy's reaction to the fatal shot could just as easily be explained as a front entry wound. Photos exist showing smoke rising from the grassy knoll area, plus several eyewitnesses said they heard at least one shot from that direction.

In my opinion, two separate entities formed two separate plans to assassinate Kennedy that day, but only one team was in place in time to do it. The Mafia had the will and the personnel, but the precision of the shots and the ensuing cover up points to a military operation.
melvinschmugmeier
2006-02-15 13:40:37 UTC
yup. It was physically impossible for that rifle to get off the shots in the requisit time. Also there's no way that 2 bullets did all that damage -- more bullets and a cross-fire situation had to have occured.

I think that the government was clueless and had no other evidence that they could pinpoint a killer and they had to cook someones goose for it. Oswald being dead was perfect since he couldnt defend himself.
2006-02-15 13:27:18 UTC
This thing has been argued since 1963 and I am now sure that it will never be resolved, one thing I know for sure is that we the american people have not been told everything. I don't thing that it will ever be settled
.45 Peacemaker
2006-02-15 22:10:23 UTC
It was the aliens from the roswell crash.