Question:
Question for the liberals (certain ones)?
2006-06-26 22:28:08 UTC
Believe it or not, some liberals are STILL claiming that 'Bush lied', and 'Bush faked intelligence reports..',, yada yada yada....

This is a question for the ones who still think that.

How do you explain these quotes and time frame of the quotes:

****1. "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seing and developing weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002.

**** kennedy has known for YEARS, that would be before Bush was in office.

****2 "Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999.

****This was before Bush was in office, and a year after Clinton Bombed Iraq.
Thirteen answers:
Mark W
2006-06-27 21:17:24 UTC
We have never sold WMDs or its' technology, so the ones Saddam had were not from America.

Iraq's arsenal of weapons of mass destruction was not captured by US forces who heroically brought down Saddam Hussein's regime three years ago this week. It vanished before they arrived.

Israeli intelligence reported before the US-led invasion that starting in late summer 2002 Saddam's WMD arsenal was shipped by truck convoy to Syria. Recently, documents seized from Iraq after the fall of the regime were released to the public. Those documents revealed that under the direct command of former Russian prime minister and KGB boss Yevgeny Primakov, Russian Spetnaz forces oversaw the transfer of Iraq's WMD to Syria ahead of the US-led invasion. These reports have been corroborated by Saddam's Air Vice Marshall General Georges Sada.

So rather than being destroyed or secured, Saddam's WMD arsenal was simply moved from one rogue regime with intimate ties to terror organizations to another rogue regime with intimate ties to terror organizations.

Of course, American Media will NOT report this, it will prove Bush right, and then they would look stupid.

Michael Moore, thanks:

Friday, 23 June 2006

When News Lies

WHEN NEWS LIES

Media Complicity and The Iraq War

By Danny Schechter, The News Dissector

A new book from Danny Schechter offers an up to date indictment of the role media played in promoting and misreporting the war on Iraq. It is an analysis of how and why the media got it wrong that pinpoints the failures of journalism and the collusion of media companies with the Bush Administration. The author of EMBEDDED: Weapons of Mass Deception (Prometheus 2003), an account of the TV coverage of the US invasion, returns with a more comprehensive, updated and insider look at the media complicity that Schechter argues "made the war possible."

"Most of the anti-war movement focused on the crimes of the Bush Administration ignoring the mainstream media, its far more effective accomplice," says former network producer Danny Schechter (ABC, CNN). "The government orchestrated the war while the media marketed it. You couldn't have one without the other."

WHEN NEWS LIES includes the feature -length DVD of the prize-winning film WMD (Weapons of Mass Deception). The book will also include the complete script as well as a discussion of the challenges of exposing media with media with a documentary. It chronicles the media war fought alongside the military campaign and the struggle to stand up for truth.

Source(s):

Google it:

Saddam, WMD, Spetsnaz

http://www.wmdthefilm.com/mambo/index.ph...
2006-06-26 22:46:36 UTC
One more time ....

Kevin Phillips devised the Southern Strategy to bring the southern conservatives into the Nixon camp.

Kevin Phillips is also the author of American Theocracy.

In American Theocracy it states that Saddam was about to cut a deal with the French, Germans, and China to bypass the US when the sanctions were lifted.

He further explains that the British and the French invaded the region for oil just after WWI.

He shows the direct coalition between the Invasion of Iraq and the securing of an undeveloped oil reserve in Iraq.

The WMD story was a ruse. It was there before Bush came into office. It was there because it was good propaganda for Iraq. It kept Iran at bay.

The French knew this. The Germans knew this. The Russians knew this. The English people knew it at well. That is why Blair does not have the support for the war which you are giving Bush. If Bush did not know that the WMD story was propaganda it is only because he did not want to know it.

In August of 2004 Bush, and Rummy, stated on the record that there was no connection between 9/11 and Iraq. If that is the case, and the WMD story was propaganda, then all that is left is an oil grab. Oil is a strategic resource on which we depend. It is worth noting that the US hit peek oil in 1970 in our fields. We are running out.
W.L.O. Global
2006-07-01 09:13:50 UTC
Visit the website for the Project for a New American Century, the neoconservative think-tank that many in the Bush cabinet and Bush's brother Jeb are affiliated with, and you will see that their plans for invading Iraq predated 9/11. Intelligence about WMD and about just about everything else in Iraq was very poor. By applying pressure to the CIA the Bush administration was able to get enough ammunition (which later turned out to be very weak or totally false) to make their case for invasion to the UN Security Council and Congress. This probably represents the biggest snow-job in history. Fortunately, more Americans everyday are waking up to this fact. And, sycophants like you who go around making ridiculous statements to support your fawning support for the Bush regime are actually doing a lot to help make people aware of this problem. So, THANKS! xD
2006-06-26 22:40:47 UTC
well, let's see. to your pea brain. Sadam HAD wmd because we sold them to him before Bush was president, ergo Madeline Albright's statement, Kennedy's, etc. But, Bush knew that those were gone by the time he started beating his little tom-tom because Sadam had used all of them on his own people. (granted, Sadam is a sick bastid) Bush and family had been close buds with Sadam before Sadam threatened "daddy" and Rumsfield had his nose in there too. They knew Sadam didn't have what he was claiming, they knew he was just shooting off at the mouth. UN sanctions usually don't work on anyone. For some odd reason, no one takes them seriously. (scratching head and wondering why). Bush just wanted Sadam out of the way because he threatened his dad and this was a good opportunity to do something about it. There, does that answer your idiotic question?
keetch
2016-12-09 07:08:29 UTC
The liberals potential base is the low earnings uneducated human beings. (the final public, obama supporters) The Conservatives potential base are the knowledgeable land vendors and employer human beings. ( the those that create jobs for the decrease earnings human beings).
Mandalawind
2006-06-26 22:37:45 UTC
But we really want to believe it's all George Bush's fault. He's such an easy target with his stumbling words, and ballsy moves. I guess he doesn't care if he isn't very popular with the media, and the movie stars, he just keeps on being who he is in spite of them. Can you believe it?
webb51731
2006-06-26 23:08:08 UTC
everyone keeps talking about Bush stealing all the oil, but my question is where is all this oil that we've been stealing and why arn't all the other country's doing something about it like U.N Sanctions or even coming out with the facts
2006-06-26 22:34:48 UTC
Give it up! LOL! Your little retarded monkey is totally discreditted as the president. Don't worry though. Your entire corrupted party will be out of congressional power in November.
2006-06-27 00:43:19 UTC
Your question is remarkable and your quotes play no role in refuting the truth.

It does not matter how many times you say that black is white...it does not make it true. It may be your opinion that black is white, but that does not change the fact of the matter. Black is black...like W's soul and his legions'.
Richard M
2006-06-26 22:33:26 UTC
Get ready for some tantrums from liberals. They will not be able to handle it. This site has more Saddam-apologists then in a Ba'ath Party reunion.

MR. NERDLINGER- Damn, I didn't think my prohpecy would be fulfilled that quickly. Thanks.
lydlykarug
2006-06-26 22:32:42 UTC
Republicans are so long winded!
de rak
2006-06-26 22:31:35 UTC
what are the asterisks censoring?
cantcu
2006-06-27 00:17:48 UTC
I don't know how many times this needs explaining!

Ted Kennedy did not get 2,700 troops killed by illegally and unilaterally attacking a sovereign nation. Only the UN Security Council, which we are on, can issue that type of order. Not resolutions that went back to the early 1990's!

Bushe wiped out most of his weapons in Kuwait in 1993, we knew he had weapons then, we gave them to him or arranged for him to have them. Did he use them on any US troops? No!

Then:Iraq: U.S. Military Items Exported or Transferred to Iraq in the 1980s

(Letter Report, 02/07/94, GAO/NSIAD-94-98).

This unclassified version of a classified 1992 GAO report discusses U.S.

policy and practices on sales of U.S. military equipment to Iraq during

the 1980s. Since 1980, U.S. policy has been to deny export licenses for

commercial sales of defense items to Iraq, and the Pentagon has not made

any foreign military sales to Iraq since 1967. In contrast, U.S. policy

on sales to Iraq of dual-use items--items with both civilian and

military uses--has not been constrained by security controls. As a

result, the Commerce Department approved licenses for exporting $1.5

billion worth of dual-use items between 1985 and 1990. The licensed

items included computers and other high-tech equipment, civilian

helicopters, and machine tools. In addition, several countries shipped

U.S. military equipment to Iraq without U.S. approval, including

ammunition and howitzer spare parts. In five cases, countries proposed

that they serve as transshipment points for military equipment for Iraq,

proposals that the State Department rejected.

--------------------------- Indexing Terms -----------------------------

REPORTNUM: NSIAD-94-98

TITLE: Iraq: U.S. Military Items Exported or Transferred to Iraq

in the 1980s

DATE: 02/07/94

SUBJECT: Arms control agreements

Export regulation

International trade regulation

International trade restriction

Foreign military sales policies

Foreign trade policies

Foreign military sales

Military materiel

Foreign governments

Dual-use technologies

IDENTIFIER: Iraq

Middle East

United Arab Emirates

Kuwait

Saudi Arabia

TOW Missile

C-130 Aircraft

* This file contains an ASCII representation of the text of a GAO *

* report. Delineations within the text indicating chapter titles, *

* headings, and bullets are preserved. Major divisions and subdivisions *

* of the text, such as Chapters, Sections, and Appendixes, are *

* identified by double and single lines. The numbers on the right end *

* of these lines indicate the position of each of the subsections in the *

* document outline. These numbers do NOT correspond with the page *

* numbers of the printed product. *

* *

* No attempt has been made to display graphic images, although figure *

* captions are reproduced. Tables are included, but may not resemble *

* those in the printed version. *

* *

* A printed copy of this report may be obtained from the GAO Document *

* Distribution Facility by calling (202) 512-6000, by faxing your *

* request to (301) 258-4066, or by writing to P.O. Box 6015, *

* Gaithersburg, MD 20884-6015. We are unable to accept electronic orders *

* for printed documents at this time. *

Report to the Chairman, Committee on Foreign Affairs, House of

Representatives

February 1994

IRAQ - U.S. MILITARY ITEMS

EXPORTED OR TRANSFERRED TO IRAQ IN

THE 1980S

GAO/NSIAD-94-98

IRAQ

Abbreviations

=============================================================== ABBREV

DOD - Department of Defense

UAE - United Arab Emirates

Letter

=============================================================== LETTER

B-256123

February 7, 1994

The Honorable Lee Hamilton

Chairman, Committee on Foreign

Affairs

House of Representatives

Dear Mr. Chairman:

We are providing you with this unclassified version of our classified

report dated March 11, 1992, addressed to you as Chairman of the

Foreign Affairs, Subcommittee on Europe and the Middle East, House of

Representatives, and to the Honorable Mel Levine, a Member of

Congress at that time. The Honorable John M. Spratt Jr., Chairman,

Subcommittee on Commerce, Consumer, and Monetary Affairs, Committee

on Government Operations, House of Representatives, requested that

the report be declassified. The Departments of State, Defense, and

Commerce reviewed the report and agreed that it could be issued in

its present form. We are sending a copy of the report to Chairman

Spratt.

that certain Middle East countries may have served as transshipment

points for U.S. arms ultimately bound for Iraq, and our 1989

classified report findings that three other countries made

unauthorized sales of coproduced equipment to Iran and Iraq.

Our objectives were to determine (1) what the U.S. policy and

practices were regarding sales of U.S. military and related

equipment to Iraq during the 1980s and what sales were approved, (2)

whether there were patterns of diversion of U.S. arms from the

Middle East and three additional countries to Iraq during the 1980s,

and (3) whether a shipment of U.S.-origin mortar bomb fuses was

diverted from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to Iraq.

RESULTS IN BRIEF

------------------------------------------------------------ Letter :1

Since 1980, U.S. policy has been to deny export licenses for

commercial sales of defense items to Iraq, except when the items were

for the protection of the head of state. As a result of the

exception, license applications valued at $48 million were approved.

The Department of Defense (DOD) has not made any foreign military

sales to Iraq since 1967. In contrast, U.S. policy toward Iraq for

sales of dual-use items (items that have both civilian and military

uses) was not constrained by national security controls, and there

were few applicable foreign policy controls until August 1990. Thus,

the Department of Commerce approved the licenses for exporting $1.5

billion of dual-use items to Iraq between 1985 and 1990.

Available information showed two cases of unauthorized transfers of

U.S. military items to Iraq by Middle East countries. Although

three other Middle East countries and one of the other countries had

proposed to serve as transshipment points of military equipment for

Iraq, the proposals were turned down by the Department of State.

There were also two additional cases of diversion to Iraq by two of

the three other countries, and one case of possible diversion-related

activity by the third. While this data does not suggest patterns of

diversion, we were unable to determine whether other unauthorized

transfers were made.

Because of sovereign political sensitivities, we were unable to visit

UAE to conduct a physical inspection; therefore, we could not

determine whether the U.S.-origin mortar bomb fuses shipped to UAE

were diverted to Iraq. We, therefore, recommended that the U.S.

Ambassador use an alternative method to verify that the fuses are

still in UAE's possession. After issuance of our classified report,

the U.S. Embassy in UAE reported that its personnel verified that

the U.S.-origin mortar bomb fuses shipped to UAE were not diverted to

Iraq.

BACKGROUND

------------------------------------------------------------ Letter :2

U.S. exports of defense articles and services on the U.S. munitions

list are controlled by the Department of State under the Arms Export

Control Act of 1976, as amended. When foreign governments or parties

wish to purchase defense articles and services directly from U.S.

firms, the firms must obtain export licenses from the Department of

State. License applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis,

taking into account that exports to Communist countries and

terrorist-supporting countries are prohibited. If, however, the

foreign parties elect to make such purchases through DOD's foreign

military sales, which are subject to DOD approval, export licenses

are generally not necessary. Written approval must be obtained from

the Department of State before a defense article or service

previously exported from the United States can be transferred to a

third country. Under the Arms Export Control Act, the State

Department is required to notify Congress of any substantial

violations involving unauthorized transfers.

U.S. exports and reexports\1 of dual-use items are controlled and

licensed by Commerce under the Export Administration Act of 1979, as

amended. Controls are based on national security and foreign policy

considerations. National security controls are maintained on

strategic commodities and technical data, worldwide, to prevent the

diversion of such items to controlled countries. Controls based on

foreign policy considerations are maintained to further U.S. foreign

policy goals. License applications for exports subject to national

security controls can be referred to DOD for review, whereas those

subject to foreign policy controls can be referred to State for

review. Other departments and agencies, such as the Department of

Energy, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and the Subgroup on Nuclear

Export Coordination, can also participate in licensing decisions.

--------------------

\1 A controlled commodity previously exported from the United States

to a foreign destination that is to be reexported from the foreign

country requires approval from the U.S. government.

U.S. POLICY AND PRACTICES

REGARDING SALES OF MUNITIONS

LIST ITEMS TO IRAQ

------------------------------------------------------------ Letter :3

Commercial sales of munitions list items to Iraq required

State-approved licenses. Since 1980, U.S. policy prohibited

licensing sales of munitions list items to Iraq, except when the

items were for the protection of the head of state. The policy was

based on the rationale that the United States should not aid either

belligerent in the Iran-Iraq War. According to State officials, the

exception for protection of the head of state was used to sell Iraq

items that would not increase Iraqi military capability and items

that had low risk of being diverted to the Iraqi military.

Between 1983 and 1990, State approved 19 license applications, mostly

for sales of communication devices, valued at $48 million and

disapproved 25 licenses valued at $2.6 million. However, according

to State officials, 4 of the 19 licenses approved in July 1990,

valued at $43 million, were revoked immediately after the Iraqi

invasion of Kuwait on August 2, 1990, and no items were shipped.

Approved items and their stated end uses for 11 of the 19 approved

licenses are detailed in appendix I. In two of the approved cases,

the Iraqi military was the end user. The cases were approved because

an Iraqi Air Force official, along with a civil aviation official,

certified that the equipment would be used at civilian airports.

According to a State official, Iraq became ineligible to participate

in U.S. foreign military sales when it broke diplomatic relations

with the United States in the wake of the 1967 Arab-Israeli War. Its

ineligibility continued when Iraq was subsequently placed on the list

of terrorist-supporting countries. Consequently, no U.S. military

equipment has been sold to Iraq through the government-to- government

channel since 1967. Although removed from the terrorist-supporting

list in 1982, Iraq remained ineligible because U.S. policy

prohibited the sale of military items to either belligerent in the

Iran-Iraq War. Iraq was again added to the terrorist list in

September 1990.

U.S. POLICY AND PRACTICES

REGARDING SALES OF DUAL-USE

ITEMS TO IRAQ

------------------------------------------------------------ Letter :4

Dual-use items considered as strategic commodities and technical data

are controlled by the Department of Commerce under section 5 of the

Export Administration Act, national security controls. These

controls enforce the U.S. policy of restricting exports that would

make a significant contribution to the military potential of any

country or combination of countries that would prove detrimental to

the national security of the United States. Section 5(b) of the

Export Administration Act requires the President to establish a list

of controlled countries for national security controls. While

section 5(b) specifies that the controlled countries are those that

are contained in section 620(f) of the Foreign Assistance Act of

1961, the President may add or remove countries from the list based

on certain criteria. Traditionally, the controlled countries have

been the former Soviet bloc and other Communist countries or state

sponsors of terrorism.

Iraq was not included on the original list of controlled countries;

thus, according to Commerce officials, Commerce had no legal basis to

deny Iraq any of the national security controlled items, unless it

believed that the items would be diverted to controlled countries.

Other dual-use items are controlled for foreign policy reasons under

section 6 of the Export Administration Act. Most foreign policy

controls relate to the broad issues of human rights, antiterrorism,

regional stability, chemical and biological warfare, and

nonproliferation of nuclear arms and nuclear capable missiles. Items

under antiterrorism control also include all the national security

controlled items destined for military end use. Therefore, if a

country is on the list of terrorist-supporting countries, as

determined by the Secretary of State, all national security

controlled items destined for military end use in that country would

be controlled because of foreign policy, even though the country is

not a controlled country for national security purposes.

Iraq was removed from State's list of terrorist-supporting countries

in 1982. A Commerce official told us that this made Iraq eligible to

purchase aircraft, helicopters, and national security controlled

items for military end use. A State document showed that within 2

months after Iraq was removed from antiterrorism controls, an

application by a U.S. firm to sell Iraq six aircraft was approved.

According to Commerce records, between 1985 and 1990, aircraft,

helicopters, and related parts, worth $308 million, were approved for

sale to Iraq.

Commerce officials told us that because Iraq was removed from

antiterrorism controls and because controls on missile technology and

chemical and biological warfare were not in place until the late

1980s, few foreign policy controls were placed on exports to Iraq

during the 1980s. They said that this, along with the lack of

national security controls, resulted in a long list of

high-technology items being sold to Iraq during the 1980s.

Commerce data showed that between 1985 and 1990, it approved 771

licenses, valued at $1.5 billion, for sales to Iraq, while only 39

applications were rejected. According to Commerce, another 323

applications valued at $442 million were returned to the applicants

without action, primarily due to incomplete information. Sixty-three

of the license applications were sent to State for foreign policy

review. State recommended approval for 58 and disapproval for 5.

Commerce acted in accordance with State's recommendations.

The bulk of the items licensed were computers and other electronics,

and other items such as civilian helicopters and machine tools were

also licensed. Dollar wise, the largest amounts involved three

licenses, totaling more than $1 billion for heavy duty trucks.

Commerce subsequently informed us that these trucks were never

actually shipped to Iraq. A Commerce official told us that Commerce

was informed by the exporters that the purchasers for these trucks

withdrew from the sales agreements at the last minute.

DIVERSIONS AND REQUESTS FOR

TRANSFERS TO IRAQ

------------------------------------------------------------ Letter :5

One country transferred various U.S.-origin ammunition to Iraq

between 1981 and 1984, and another country probably transferred

U.S.-origin ammunition to Iraq in 1986, both without U.S. approval.

More recent data showed two additional cases of unauthorized

transfers of U.S.-origin items from these countries to Iraq. In

1986, one transferred U.S.-made ammunition fuses, valued at $8

million, to Iraq. The other transferred various howitzer spare parts

to Iraq.

In 1985, a European company sold weapon conversion kits to Iraq for

helicopters that Iraq had purchased from the United States with

assurance of nonmilitary use. While it is not clear whether the kits

contained U.S.-origin equipment, based on Iraq's earlier assurance,

the United States would not have approved the sale. However, it is

not clear whether or not the helicopters were actually militarized.

Two cases of arms diversion to Iraq involved Middle East countries.

A State official believes that so few Middle East diversions were

detected because Iraq was being well supplied with arms from other

countries. In 1984, State received reports that a Middle East

country had transferred TOW missiles to Iraq. Based on these

reports, State delivered a protest to that government. In 1986,

State received reports that Saudi Arabia had transferred U.S.

munitions to Iraq. In response to State's inquiry, the Saudi

government said that 300 MK-84 2,000-pound bombs were inadvertently

mixed in with a shipment of non-U.S. origin munitions sent to Iraq

in February 1986. State informed Congress of this unauthorized

transfer under section 3 of the Arms Export Control Act, citing it as

a small quantity of unsophisticated weapons.

In commenting on this report, the Department of State said that, with

the exception of the single transfer of bombs by Saudi Arabia, of

which Congress was notified in accordance with the Arms Export

Control Act, the State Department reviewed the other allegations of

unauthorized transfers to Iraq and did not find them to be credible.

Regarding State's comment, we are not privy to the information that

determined the reported transfers were not credible. Our discussions

of these cases are as they are reflected in the documentation we were

able to obtain. Moreover, in connection with one of the cases, we

acquired information, which remains classified, that indicates

additional quantities of items were transferred.

In five instances, third parties requested the United States to allow

them to transfer military equipment to Iraq. In 1982, a Middle East

country asked that it be allowed to transfer U.S.-origin howitzers

and C-130 aircraft to Iraq. In the same year, a European country

requested that the United States sell howitzers, and cobra and

Blackhawk helicopters to Iraq, using it as the intermediary. State

turned down both requests, citing the U.S. policy of not aiding

either belligerent in the Iran-Iraq War. In 1983, another country

requested battle tanks from the United States so that it could, in

turn, send its Soviet-made tanks to Iraq. According to a DOD

official, who was working for State when this request was made, the

United States turned down the request. In 1986, a Middle East

country requested the purchase of night vision devices for Iraqi

helicopters, using it as the conduit. In January 1990, another

Middle East country requested permission to transfer $400,000 in

U.S.-origin howitzer spare parts to Iraq. The United States turned

down both of these requests, again citing the policy of not aiding

either belligerent in the Iran-Iraq War.

DISPOSITION OF MORTAR FUSES

------------------------------------------------------------ Letter :6

In November 1988, a shipment of 4,000 M-734 mortar bomb fuses was

licensed by the State Department for sale by a U.S. company to a

military unit in UAE. The fuses were to be shipped first to a west

European firm, where they were to be installed onto 81mm mortar

bombs. Sales of the mortar bombs to the UAE unit were licensed

separately by the west European country's government. According to

the west European firm's shipping documents, the 81mm mortar bombs

containing the M-734 fuses were shipped in October 1989 to Dubai,

UAE, and arrived at the Port of Dubai in November 1989.

As a condition for obtaining the State Department license, the UAE

unit certified that the bombs containing the fuses were for its sole

use and would not be resold or reexported. However, in July 1990, an

allegation was made to Congressman Levine's office that the mortar

bombs had been transferred to Iraq. Subsequently, we were asked, as

part of the request, to determine whether this diversion had

occurred.

In February 1991, because of the Gulf War and the restricted travel

conditions, we asked the U.S. Embassy in UAE to inspect the mortar

fuses on our behalf. We provided the Embassy with the information

necessary to identify the particular shipment of mortar bombs

containing the fuses and to perform a physical inspection at UAE's

ammunition warehouse. The Embassy stated that it had made previous

inquiries about the fuses and had obtained documentary evidence that

the fuses were still in UAE's possession. The Embassy also pointed

out the political sensitivity of asking to inspect UAE's ammunition

warehouse. We then asked for the documentary evidence, which

consisted of a faxed reply from UAE stating that the fuses were

received in November 1989 and were for the sole use of UAE. This

information was not sufficient enough for us to be able to determine

the ultimate disposition of the mortar fuses. Therefore, in May

1991, we requested that the Embassy make arrangements for us to visit

the UAE's ammunition warehouse. The Embassy, citing the political

sensitivities, declined to make the arrangements.

Following the issuance of our classified report, the U.S. Embassy in

UAE sent us a cable. The cable stated that on July 7, 1992, Embassy

personnel fully and properly accounted for all mortar bomb fuses in

question. The Department of State also reported that the UAE

cooperated fully in the investigation.

RECOMMENDATIONS

------------------------------------------------------------ Letter :7

We recommended in our classified report that, because of the

Embassy's concern over political sensitivity that might result from

our visit, the Secretary of State should direct the U.S. Ambassador

in UAE to use an alternative method to physically verify that the

fuses are still in UAE's possession or obtain documentation to

demonstrate that they have been used for the purpose for which they

were provided. We also recommended that the Secretary of State

provide written confirmation of this verification and/or

documentation to our office. As previously mentioned, this

recommendation was addressed in July 1992.

AGENCY COMMENTS AND OUR

EVALUATION

------------------------------------------------------------ Letter :8

We obtained written comments on a draft of the classified report from

DOD and the Departments of Commerce and State. (See apps. II, III,

and IV.) DOD concurred that the report is factually accurate and

provided no further comments. The Department of Commerce asked that

some additional data be added to the section on dual-use licensing,

which was done. The Department of State made some technical

comments, which have been incorporated in the report, as appropriate.

Subsequently, in response to our request for a declassification

review of the original report, the Department of State provided

written comments. (See app. V.) Its comments are fully reflected in

this unclassified version. However, we were unable to reach full

agreement with all the original classifying agencies regarding the

wording of this unclassified report version until December 1993.

SCOPE AND METHODOLOGY

------------------------------------------------------------ Letter :9

We conducted our review at DOD, the Departments of State and Commerce

in Washington, D.C. To obtain information on U.S. policies on

exports to Iraq, we met with officials from Commerce and State. We

also reviewed applicable statutes and regulations governing export

controls and Commerce's and State's publications. In addition, we

reviewed State's cables and memorandums, back to 1982, for any export

policy statement applicable to Iraq.

We obtained licensing information from Commerce for all applications

for exports of dual-use items to Iraq between 1985 and 1990. From

State, we obtained licensing information on all applications for

exports of munitions items to Iraq between 1983 and 1990. We also

obtained copies of some approved munitions licenses.

To determine whether there was a pattern of arms diversions to Iraq,

we met with export control enforcement officials from Commerce and

U.S. Customs, officials from State and DOD with expertise in Foreign

Military Sales, and intelligence officials from State and DOD. We

also reviewed DOD intelligence reports and State records, dating back

to 1982, for any diversion cases detected by the agencies.

To obtain information necessary for identifying the shipment of

mortar fuses, we contacted officials of the U.S. and western

European companies. We tried to arrange for a physical inspection of

the fuses at United Arab Emirates' ammunitions warehouse but were

unable to make arrangements with State because of political

sensitivities.

Our work was performed between August 1990 and September 1991 in

accordance with generally accepted government auditing standards.

---------------------------------------------------------- Letter :9.1

We plan no further distribution of this report until 7 days after its

issue date. At that time, we will send copies to other interested

congressional committees and to the Secretaries of Defense, Commerce,

and State.

Please contact me on (202) 512-4128 if you or your staff have any

questions concerning this report. Major contributors to this report

were Stewart L. Tomlinson, Assistant Director; Davi M. D'Agostino,

Adviser; and John P. Ting, Evaluator-in-Charge.

Sincerely yours,

Joseph E. Kelley

Director-in-Charge

International Affairs Issues

MUNITIONS LICENSES APPROVED

=========================================================== Appendix I

The following are 11 of the 19 approved licenses that we obtained.

Commodity Value Date End user End use

------------------ ---------- -------- ------------------ ------------------

Data privacy $1,105,159 7/27/90 Ministry of Securing embassy

device \a\ Foreign Affairs, communications

Iraq

Data privacy 25,291,119 7/27/90 Presidential Securing

device \a Office, Iraq presidential

communications

Data privacy 1,378,930 10/25/ Presidential Securing

device 89 Security Command, presidential

Iraq communications

Data privacy 29,577 8/15/89 Administrative Securing

device Officer, communications

U.N. Forces, Iraq

Speech and voice 198,400 8/02/89 Presidential Prevent

scrambler Security Command, eavesdropping

Iraqi Palace

Speech and voice 489,604 5/19/88 Presidential Prevent

scrambler Security Command, eavesdropping

Iraqi Palace

Communications and 165,860 7/07/86 President of Iraq To be installed on

navigations President's

equipment helicopter

Electronic 3,185 4/22/86 Iraqi Air Force Spare part for air

component traffic control

system

Communications 1,255,000 5/21/85 Iraqi Air Force To boost voice

amplifiers signals of air

traffic control

Revolvers and 914 9/28/84 Presidential For use by Iraqi

pistol Palace officials

Image intensifier 8,800 11/21/ Space and Research For astronomical

83 Center, Iraq spectrographs

\a These are two of the four licenses that were revoked immediately

after the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait on 8/2/90. No items were shipped

under the four licenses.

Source: Department of State

An embargo was placed on him.

And then Clinton did this, the targets being only military:

The JCS chairman said the U.S. combatant commander responsible for the planning and execution of the aerial assault, Gen. Anthony C. Zinni, commander in chief of the U.S. Central Command, was of the same opinion.

There were no U.S. or British combat casualties or aircraft losses--an exceptional achievement, in Zinni's view. "Even in peacetime, exercises of this scale can be dangerous and can be very, very trying; to do this without any casualties in the environment our forces faced was truly remarkable," Zinni said at a 21 December Pentagon press briefing.

More than 300 U.S. and British war-planes, spearheaded by U.S. Navy and Marine Corps squadrons operating at night from the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Enterprise during initial missions on 16 December, flew over 650 strike and strike-support sorties against approximately 100 Iraqi military and military-related targets. Ten ships of the U.S. Fifth Fleet launched more than 325 Tomahawk cruise missiles, bolstered with an additional punch from more than 90 cruise missiles launched from U.S. Air Force B-52 bombers. Thousands of U.S. ground troops, augmented by hundreds of special operations forces, also were deployed to protect Kuwait or to carry out other unspecified missions."

Then the Republicans said this (SOUND FAMILIAR?)

Clinton Manufactured Iraq Crisis,

Violated Constitution

WASHINGTON, DC -- President Clinton, in launching the massive Dec. 16 attack on Iraq, used a manufactured crisis to deceive the American people, and to bypass Congress' power to declare war.

Warplanes aboard the USS Enterprise, combined with more than 200 cruise missiles from eight Navy warships, converged on Iraqi targets at 5:06 p.m. EST (1:06 a.m. Baghdad time). Over a four-day period, reports U.S. Marine Gen. Anthony Zinni, who oversaw the Iraq attack, 300 strike fighters, bombers and support aircraft flew 600 sorties, more than half of them at night. Another 40 ships took part in the attack, with 10 of them firing cruise missiles. More than 600 bombs were dropped, 90 cruise missiles fired from the air and another 300 from ships at sea.

The United Nations Special Commission (UNSCOM) report Mr. Clinton used as cause for war, says syndicated columnist Robert D. Novak (Wag the Congress, The Washington Post, Dec. 21), contains six complaints cited by Richard Butler, executive chairman of UNSCOM. These complaints "reflect Saddam Hussein's obnoxious style but do not compare to more than 400 unimpeded inspections reported by Iraq since cooperation resumed Nov.14."

Mr. Novak provides an example of the type of incidents Mr. Clinton used to justify the attack on Iraq. "On Dec. 9 weapons inspectors from UNSCOM, acting on a tip, showed up without notification at the Baghdad headquarters of the ruling Baath Party to search for ballistic missile components. The Iraqi escorts, citing a 1996 agreement, said only four inspectors could enter."

The Butler report itself was a setup.

According to Rowan Scarborough of The Washington Times (Did White House orchestrate a crisis? Dec. 18), Scott Ritter, a former U.N. inspector, said Mr. Butler conferred with the Clinton administration's national security staff on how to write his report of noncompliance before submitting it to the U.N. Security Council. The former inspector said the White House wanted to ensure the report contained sufficiently tough language on which to justify its decision to bomb Iraq. "I'm telling you this was a preordained conclusion. This inspection was a total setup by the United States," said Ritter. Mr. Ritter resigned from UNSCOM in August, accusing the Clinton administration of interfering in how and when inspections were carried out.

The decision to attack Iraq was made before the Bultler report was submitted to the U.N. Security Council.

Reports the MacLaughlin Group (NBC, Dec. 18), that while the president told the nation Wednesday night that the attack was triggered by this Butler report, the "time line into the bombing itself shows that the president ordered airstrikes 48 hours before he saw the report."

Then of course, we did this:

Revealed: 17 British firms armed Saddam with his weapons

Investigation: By Neil Mackay Home Affairs Editor

SEVENTEEN British companies who supplied Iraq with nuclear, biological, chemical, rocket and conventional weapons technology are to be investigated and could face prosecution following a Sunday Herald investigation.

One of the companies is Inter national Military Services, a part of the Ministry of Defence, which sold rocket technology to Iraq. The companies were named by Iraq in a 12,000 page dossier submitted to the UN in December. The Security Council agreed to US requests to censor 8000 pages -- including sections naming western businesses which aided Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programme.

The five permanent members of the security council -- Britain, France, Russia, America and China -- are named as allowing companies to sell weapons technology to Iraq.

The dossier claims 24 US firms sold Iraq weapons. Hewlett-Packard sold nuclear and rocket technology; Dupont sold nuclear technology, and Eastman Kodak sold rocket capabilities. The dossier also says some '50 subsidiaries of foreign enterprises conducted their arms business with Iraq from the US'.

It claims the US ministries of defence, energy, trade and agri culture, and the Lawrence Livermore, Los Alamos and Sandia National Laboratories, supplied Iraq with WMD technology.

Germany, currently opposed to war, is shown to be Iraq's biggest arms-trading partner with 80 companies selling weapons technology, including Siemens. It sold medical machines with dual-purpose parts used to detonate nuclear bombs. The German government reportedly 'actively encouraged' weapons co-operation and assistance was allegedly given to Iraq in developing poison gas used against Kurds.

In China three companies traded weapons technology; in France eight and in Russia six. Other countries included Japan with five companies; Holland with three; Belgium with seven; Spain with three and Sweden with two, including Saab.

The UN claims publicly naming the companies would be counter-productive. Although most of the trade ended in 1991 on the outbreak of the Gulf War, at least two of the five permanent security council members -- Russia and China -- traded arms with Iraq in breach of UN resolutions after 1991. All trade in WMD technology has been outlawed for decades.

UNSCOM found documents showing preparations by the Russian firms Livinvest, Mars Rotor and Niikhism to supply parts for military helicopters in 1995. In April 1995, Mars Rotor and Niikhism sold parts used in long-range missiles to a Palestinian who transported them to Baghdad. In 2001 and 2002, the Chinese firm Huawei Technologies sent supplies to Iraqi air defence.

Foreign companies supplied Iraq's nuclear weapons programme with detonators, fissionable material and parts for a uranium enrichment plant. Foreign companies also provided Iraq's chemical and biological programmes with basic materials; helped with building labs; assisted the extension of missile ranges; provided technology to fit missiles with nuclear, biological and chemical warheads; and supplied Scud mobile launch-pads. Nearly all the weapons that were supplied have been destroyed, accounted for or immobilised, according to former weapons inspectors.

The Foreign Office said: 'The UK will investigate and, if appropriate, prosecute any UK company found to have been in breach of export control legislation.' The Department of Trade and Industry said details on export licences, including information on weapons sold to Iraq, was unavailable.

A spokesman for one of the British companies named, Endshire Export Marketing, said it had sold a consignment of magnets to a German middle-man who sold them to Iraq. Responding to claims that magnets could be used in a nuclear programme, the spokesman said: 'I've no idea if this is the case. I couldn't tell one end of a nuclear bomb from the other.' The company was included on a US boycott list in 1991.

He said the company considered the deal 'genuine business' at the time but that, with the 'benefit of hindsight', the firm would not have taken part in the deal. A spokesman for the MoD's International Military Services said he could not comment as no staff from 1991 were on the payroll and no documents from then existed.

Mick Napier of the Stop The War Coalition said: 'How can we support a government which says it's against mass murder when its record is one of supporting and supplying Iraq? This government depends on public mass amnesia.'

Tommy Sheridan, leader of the Scottish Socialist Party, said: 'The evidence of British armament companies, with central government support, arming the Butcher of Baghdad lays to rest the moral garbage spewed from the British government. It exposes the fact that Britain, along with America, France and Russia, armed Saddam to the teeth while he was butchering his own people.'

Labour MP Tam Dalyell said: 'What the Sunday Herald has printed is of huge significance. It exposes the hypocrisy of Blair and Bush. The chickenhawks who want war were up to their necks in arms deals. This drives a coach and horses through the moral case for war.'

Then of course this:

Report: No WMD stockpiles in Iraq

CIA: Saddam intended to make arms if sanctions ended

Thursday, October 7, 2004 Posted: 10:50 AM EDT (1450 GMT)

Charles Duelfer, head of the Iraq Survey Group, testifies Wednesday at a Senate Armed Services committee hearing.

According to a report by the CIA's Charles Duelfer, Saddam Hussein did not have WMD when the war began.

Duelfer appears before a Senate committee to testify on Iraq's weapons capabilities.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Saddam Hussein did not possess stockpiles of illicit weapons at the time of the U.S. invasion in March 2003 and had not begun any program to produce them, a CIA report concludes.

In fact, the long-awaited report, authored by Charles Duelfer, who advises the director of central intelligence on Iraqi weapons, says Iraq's WMD program was essentially destroyed in 1991 and Saddam ended Iraq's nuclear program after the 1991 Gulf War.

The Iraq Survey Group report, released Wednesday, is 1,200 to 1,500 pages long.

The massive report does say, however, that Iraq worked hard to cheat on United Nations-imposed sanctions and retain the capability to resume production of weapons of mass destruction at some time in the future.

"[Saddam] wanted to end sanctions while preserving the capability to reconstitute his weapons of mass destruction when sanctions were lifted," a summary of the report says.

Duelfer, testifying at a Senate hearing on the report, said his account attempts to describe Iraq's weapons programs "not in isolation but in the context of the aims and objectives of the regime that created and used them."

"I also have insisted that the report include as much basic data as reasonable and that it be unclassified, since the tragedy that has been Iraq has exacted such a huge cost for so many for so long," Duelfer said.

The report was released nearly two years ago to the day that President Bush strode onto a stage in Cincinnati and told the audience that Saddam Hussein's Iraq "possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons" and "is seeking nuclear weapons."

and this:

The Top Ten War Profiteers of 2004

Center for Corporate Policy

December 31, 2004

1. AEGIS: In June, the Pentagon's Program Management Office in Iraq awarded a $293 million contract to coordinate security operations among thousands of private contractors to Aegis, a UK firm whose founder was once investigated for illegal arms smuggling. An inquiry by the British parliament into Sandline, Aegis head Tim Spicer's former firm, determined that the company had shipped guns to Sierra Leone in 1998 in violation of a UN arms embargo. Sandline's position was that it had approval from the British government, although British ministers were cleared by the inquiry. Spicer resigned from Sandline in 2000 and incorporated Aegis in 2002.

2. BEARING POINT: Critics find it ironic that Bearing Point, the former consulting division of KPMG, received a $240 million contract in 2003 to help develop Iraq's "competitive private sector," since it had a hand in the development of the contract itself. According to a March 22 report by AID's assistant inspector general Bruce Crandlemire, "Bearing Point's extensive involvement in the development of the Iraq economic reform program creates the appearance of unfair competitive advantage in the contract award process."

Bearing Point spent five months helping USAID write the job specifications and even sent some employees to Iraq to begin work before the contract was awarded, while its competitors had only a week to read the specifications and submit their own bids after final revisions were made. "No company who writes the specs for a contract should get the contract," says Keith Ashdown, the vice president of Washington, DC-based Taxpayers for Common Sense.

3. BECHTEL: Schools, hospitals, bridges, airports, water treatment plants, power plants, railroad, irrigation, electricity, etc. Bechtel was literally tasked with repairing much of Iraq's infrastructure, a job that was critical to winning hearts and minds after the war. To accomplish this, the company hired over 90 Iraqi subcontractors for at least 100 jobs. Most of these subcontracts involved rote maintenance and repair work, however, and for sophisticated work requiring considerable hands-on knowledge of the country's infrastructure, the company bypassed Iraqi engineers and managers.

Although Bechtel is not entirely to blame, the company has yet to meet virtually any of the major deadlines in its original contract. According to a June GAO report, "electrical service in the country as a while has not shown a marked improvement over the immediate postwar levels of May 2003 and has worsened in some governorates."

4. BKSH & ASSOCIATES: Chairman Charlie Black, is an old Bush family friend and prominent Republican lobbyist whose firm is affiliated with Burson Marsteller, the global public relations giant. Black was a key player in the Bush/Cheney 2000 campaign and together with his wife raised $100,000 for this year's reelection campaign.

BKSH clients with contracts in Iraq include Fluor International (whose ex-chair Phillip Carroll was tapped to head Iraq's oil ministry after the war, and whose board includes the wife of James Woolsey, the ex-CIA chief who was sent by Paul Wolfowitz before the war to convince European leaders of Saddam Hussein's ties to al Qaeda). Fluor has won joint contracts worth up to $1.6 billion.

Another client is Cummins Engine, which has managed to sell its power generators thanks to the country's broken infrastructure.

Most prominent among BKSH's clients, however, is the Iraqi National Congress, whose leader Ahmed Chalabi was called the "George Washington of Iraq" by certain Pentagon neoconservatives before his fall from grace. BKSH's K. Riva Levinson was hired to handle the INC's U.S. public relations strategy in 1999. Hired by U.S. taxpayers, that is: Until July 2003, the company was paid $25,000 per month by the U.S. State Department to support the INC.

5. CACI AND TITAN: Although members of the military police face certain prosecution for the horrific treatment of prisoners at the Abu Ghraib prison, so far the corporate contractors have avoided any charges. Maj. Gen. Antonio Taguba reported in an internal Army report that two CACI employees "were either directly or indirectly responsible" for abuses at the prison, including the use of dogs to threaten detainees and forced sexual abuse and other threats of violence. Another internal Army report suggested that Steven Stefanowicz, one of 27 CACI interrogators working for the Army in Iraq, "clearly knew [that] his instructions" to soldiers interrogating Iraqi prisoners "equated to physical abuse."

"Titan's role in Iraq is to serve as translators and interpreters for the U.S. Army," company CEO Gene Ray said, implying that news reports had inaccurately implied the employees' involvement in torture. "The company's contract is for linguists, not interrogators." But according to Joseph a. Neurauter, a GSA suspension and debarment official, CACI's role in designing its own Abu Ghraib contract "continues to be an open issue and a potential conflict of interest."

Nevertheless, the GSA and other agencies conducting their own investigations have yet to find a reason to suspend the company from any new contracts. As a result, in August the Army gave CACI another $15 million no-bid contract to continue providing interrogation services for intelligence gathering in Iraq; In September, the Army awarded Titan a contract worth up to $400 million for additional translators.

6. CUSTER BATTLES: At the end of September, the Defense Department suspended Custer Battles (the name comes from the company's two principle founders - Michael Battles and Scott Custer) and 13 associated individuals and affiliated corporations from all federal contracts for fraudulent billing practices involving the use of sham corporations set up in Lebanon and the Cayman Islands. The CPA caught the company after it left a spreadsheet behind at a meeting with CPA employees. The spreadsheet revealed that the company had marked up certain expenses associated with a currency exchange contract by 162 percent.

7. HALLIBURTON: In December Congressman Waxman (D-CA), announced that "a growing list of concern's about Halliburton's performance" on contracts that total $10.8 billion have led to multiple criminal investigations into overcharging and kickbacks. In nine different reports, government auditors have found "widespread, systemic problems with almost every aspect of Halliburton's work in Iraq, from cost estimation and billing systems to cost control and subcontract management." Six former employees have come forward, corroborating the auditors' concerns.

Another "H-bomb" dropped just before the election, when a top contracting official responsible for ensuring that the Army Corps of Engineers follows competitive contracting rules accused top Pentagon officials of improperly favoring Halliburton in an early-contract before the occupation. Bunnatine Greenhouse says that when the Pentagon awarded the company a 5-year oil-related contract worth up to $7 billion, it pressured her to withdraw her objections, actions that she said were unprecedented in her experience.

8. LOCKHEED MARTIN: Lockheed Martin remains the king among war profiteers, raking in $21.9 billion in Pentagon contracts in 2003 alone. With satellites and planes, missiles and IT systems, the company has profited from just about every phase of the war except for the reconstruction. The company's stock has tripled since 2000 to just over $60.

Lockheed is helping Donald Rumsfeld's global warfare system (called the Global Information Grid), a new integrated tech-heavy system that the company promises will change transform the nature of war. In fact, the large defense conglomerate's sophistication in areas as diverse as space systems, aeronautics and information and technology will allow it to play a leading role in the development of new weapons systems for decades to come, including a planned highly-secure military Internet, a spaced-based missile defense system and next-generation warplanes such as the F-22 (currently in production) and the Joint Strike Fighter F-35.

E.C. Aldridge Jr., the former undersecretary of defense for acquisitions and procurement, gave final approval to begin building the F-35 in 2001, a decision worth $200 billion to the company. Although he soon left the Pentagon to join Lockheed's board, Aldridge continues to straddle the public-private divide, Donald Rumsfeld appointed him to a blue-ribbon panel studying weapons systems. Former Lockheed lobbyists and employees include the current secretary of the Navy, Gordon England, secretary of transportation Norm Mineta (a former Lockheed vice president) and Stephen J. Hadley, Bush's proposed successor to Condoleeza Rice as his next national security advisor.

Not only are Lockheed executives commonly represented on the Pentagon various advisory boards, but the company is also tied into various security think tanks, including neoconservative networks. For example, Lockheed VP Bruce Jackson (who helped draft the Republican foreign policy platform in 2000) is a key player at the neo-conservative planning bastion known as the Project for a New American Century.

9. LORAL SATELLITE: In the buildup to the war the Pentagon bought up access to numerous commercial satellites to bolster its own orbiting space fleet. U.S. armed forces needed the extra spaced-based capacity to be able to guide its many missiles and transmit huge amounts of data to planes (including unmanned Predator drones flown remotely by pilots who may be halfway around the world), guide missiles and troops on the ground.

Industry experts say the war on terror literally saved some satellite operators from bankruptcy. The Pentagon "is hovering up all the available capacity" to supplement its three orbiting satellite fleets, Richard DalBello, president of the Satellite Industry Association explained to the Washington Post. The industry's other customers - broadcast networks competing for satellite time - were left to scramble for the remaining bandwidth.

Loral Space & Communications Chairman Bernard L. Schwartz is very tight with the neoconservative hawks in the Bush administration's foreign policy ranks, and is the principal funder of Blueprint, the newsletter of the Democratic Leadership Council.

In the end, the profits from the war in Iraq didn't end up being as huge for the industry as expected, and certainly weren't enough to compensate for a sharp downturn in the commercial market. But more help may be on its way. The Pentagon announced in November that it would create a new global Intranet for the military that would take two decades and hundreds of billions of dollars to build. Satellites, of course, will play a key part in that integrated global weapons system.

10. QUALCOMM: Two CPA officials resigned this year after claiming they were pressured by John Shaw, the deputy undersecretary of defense for technology security to change an Iraqi police radio contract to favor Qualcomm's patented cellular technology, a move that critics say was intended to lock the technology in as the standard for the entire country. Iraq's cellular market is potentially worth hundreds of millions of dollars in annual revenues for the company, and potentially much more should it establish a standard for the region. Shaw's efforts to override contracting officials delayed an emergency radio contract, depriving Iraqi police officers, firefighters, ambulance drivers and border guards of a joint communications system for months.

Shaw says he was urged to push Qualcomm's technology by Rep. Darrell E. Issa, a Republican whose San Diego County district includes Qualcomm's headquarters. Issa, who received $5,000 in campaign contributions from Qualcomm employees from 2003 to 2004, sits on the House Small Business Committee, and previously tried to help the company by sponsoring a bill that would have required the military to use its CDMA technology.

"Hundreds of thousands of American jobs depend on the success of U.S.-developed wireless technologies like CDMA," Issa claimed in a letter to Donald Rumsfeld. But the Pentagon doesn't seem to be buying the argument. The DoD's inspector general has asked the FBI to investigate Shaw's activities.

And you still missed the point:

HE HAD NO WEAPONS ON MASS DESTRUCTION!!! Even BUSH said he didn't have any!! If he did have any he never used them against us.

The person they used to say he had WMD's was an informant and a known liar. There was no 2nd source! Is that how you commit almost 3,000 young men to death!!

and, though I could go on, there is this, which makes me sick!!

"So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him... We haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."

—Bush, answering a question about Osama bin Laden at a March 13, 2002 news conference

What is ironic about the whole thing is that George Bush and others will be tried before the World Court for Crimes against Humanity as soon as this is concluded or Bush leaves office!!

You can take that to the bank!!