Question:
HOW DID DICK CHENEY GET 5 DEFERMENTS?
the_creepy_veep
2006-01-10 16:51:32 UTC
AND YET JOHN KERRY IS SOME HOW A TRAITOR?
Four answers:
2006-01-18 23:04:19 UTC
Back in those days you could get a deferment just by being a student. Subsequently, you could be deferred if you were married. Finally, you could be deferred only if married and with at least one child. Cheney took advantage of these rules, and perhaps not coincidentally had his first child just nine months after the rule about needing a child to be deferred!

It is clear that Cheney could have entered into military service if he had wanted to, but instead chose to avoid it entirely. That was his right, but his patriotism today rings hollow.

The right-wing spin machine has now besmirched the record of at least three men who otherwise were acknowledged heroes, including Kerry and Murtha.

Criticizing the administration is dangerous to one's reputation!
One
2006-01-11 03:49:01 UTC
Money and connections gets deferments. Kerry went to serve and grew as a person that respected the challenges of military life and when war is right for the people.
jfkdemocrat1984
2006-01-11 03:01:58 UTC
Thats how they operate. When William Clinton was being busted 4 an educational deferment by, i believe it was Dole and one of his buddies. They neglected to inform us, the public that they had educational deferments!!!
mickbw
2006-01-11 02:28:30 UTC
A tune even George could read

What makes him click

He thinks he's slick

But makes me sick

His conscience could use a pr!ck

But it would probably take a brick

Influence Peddling is his schtick

but none of the charges will ever stick

to our good friend D!ck

Well I'm glad I got that out of my system