Question:
Why does the left want the poor to envy the rich?
lancelot682005
2006-02-13 10:28:24 UTC
I am by no means rich, but I do beleive that Envy is one of the deadly sins...
Why do the Democrat Left Want the poor to envy the rich, especially when they are the rich?
Six answers:
joshcating
2006-02-13 10:30:23 UTC
because they get elected by playing on the fears of the poor, and showing how much more they "care".
2006-02-13 20:39:49 UTC
Good question! Why do people even care if the rich get richer as long as they are getting richer too. Which, by the way, they are. The poor's wages went up by 12% last year alone. Why do we demonize those that have excelled and done well (rich)? Not only do they have a 12% wage increase but more of the poor have moved up in salary enough to buy homes. We need to be happy with what we have and "do not covet our neighbors goods".
2006-02-13 20:09:10 UTC
I won't answer this question per say: (not enough room) but I will offer the following tibit..I started to vote when I was 18/ and voted a straight Democratic ticket every election up and until the last Presidental caucus. After 30+

years I changed my party to straight Republician. What does that tell you about my viewpoint on the Democrats and who I blame for a lot of the dichotomy between rich & poor?
melvinschmugmeier
2006-02-13 19:33:23 UTC
I dont actually think that they want the poor to envy the rich -- but I do think that they want the rich to fund the poor.
souperhandsome
2006-02-13 18:57:02 UTC
you got a lay off the limbaugh and hannity man
periwinkle
2006-02-13 18:30:33 UTC
Where did you get this idea. I think it would be the republican right that felt this way. I dont understand your logic. Add info to your question please.