Question:
Govt. is implementing RESERVATIONS almost in all except for Rastrapathi, Prime Minister, Chief Minister. WHY ?
Yannam
2009-12-12 20:27:03 UTC
Political parties are supporting reservations. OK. But why the reservations are not for Rastrapathi, Prime Minister, Chief Minister and in State and Central Ministry? Do the parties feel that the rservation candidates are not capable for those ?? Or any thing behind it ???
Eleven answers:
2009-12-12 22:37:38 UTC
These are reserved for the favourites of Gandhi-Nehru family.
MS - Believe in Ek Oankaar
2009-12-13 07:00:28 UTC
Think it this way.....

Prime Minister, Chief Minister and Cabinet are appointed from by the individuals elected by the people. And these individuals are elected as part of reserved seats under various quotas. Thus, all these are part of reservation system.

Now all these individuals elect President, thus once again, individuals elected under reservation system elect the president. Thus President election is also part of reservation.

These are not multiple positions, but single positions, thus you cannot have direct reservations, because Indian constitution does not allow more than 50% reservation under any quota. And if you reserve lets say Prime Minister or chief Minister of a state or Union Home Minister or Home Minister of a state for OBC that means 100% quota for OBC and that is unconstitutional, and cannot be done.

@ Rahul B, I guess you have got habit of commenting on me without understanding the question and my answer. I guess my answers are not easy like "medicines" for you to understand. I have not justified reservation, but I have answered what is relevant to the question. The question is not if the reservation is good or bad, the asker is not asking me to justify or reject the reservation, but asking why reservation is not implemented for few positions and that is what I have answered.
anuragada poojaari(ap)
2009-12-15 05:31:56 UTC
how do these people get elected to pm,cm or president post?...by the ballot..and many constituencies are declared reserved for ensuring that the backward classes have a say in electing of these people..many parties have a reservation within themselves to elect their leaders..to ensure that backward caste people get a voice...so directly or indirectly.who gets these posts is decided by the people at large including those from backward caste

the womens reservation bill will be tabled and hopefully passed in this session of the parliament giving women a better say in what happens to the country..

surely no one with the sense of a goat can think reserved class people arent able to handle these jobs..why the cm of the most populous state is a dalit woman,the speaker of the loka sabha is a dalitwoman..many many members of the union cabinet are dalits..so what are we talking about

reservation based on econimic stuation is a foolish idea..why?

resevation is given to those who are DISCRIMINATED in the society..upper caste poor people arent discriminated the same way lower caste people are

there is a very good chance that upper caste people wont be denied admission to schools and jobs in govt because of their caste

so what to do of poor brahmins?

well..since what ails them is lack of money and not discrimination...providing them financial help,scholarships would be a good idea..that the govt is doing already

suppose poor brahmins get reservations..what happens then?..yes they get seats in colleges...but the problem isnt solved..they would still have to pay fee..which being poor..they cant...thats why reservation for us isnt really a problem solver..
2009-12-13 04:28:28 UTC
Very good question. Friend you will die calculating your capability and comparing your intelligence with majority. I think reservation policy do not apply to Army also. What credebility and honour these position will be having in global environment if these position have been achieved through reservation. My dear friend, I fail to understand so far why reservation benefit has not percolated to tribal people. Why only 5% families of these minorities are reaping benefit of these system. If you are minority and you have equalled yourself to majority by reservation system, why you are continuing taking benefit for your children, siblings. I sincerely request you to stop that mal practice. Let the benefit of these system to reach other people also. Rather than dying with comparison with majority, if you do some introinspection, may be you will be worthy cause to improve life of many needy people. I apologise if I raised some hard questions.I did not mean to offend anybody's feelings.
pranay
2009-12-13 04:16:15 UTC
Reservation is a blot on Indian democracy,imposed by selfish politicians who reward inefficient

& incompetents to get the unreachable goals and those fellows,in turn,elect these downfallen

netas(politicians),this give & take is going on through several decades.

Hard working & intelligent of general category(read caste/community)are insulted,kept out

of fray despite being more able.One can imagine,no country can make progress in real terms

in this situation.

Those who speak for reservation, should be punished.Ofcourse financial & other help should be

provided by the govt.irrespective of caste & community.
2009-12-13 22:40:54 UTC
If system is honest, just & non-discriminatory PRACTICALLY & runs purely on merit, no reservation is justified. As it is not so & favouritism & group ism matters very much at all levels out of corruption, dishonesty & injustice, reservation demands hold strong grounds & are implemented so that even with so much dishonesty, injustice & manipulations, people at large will get their due considerably. Reservation is an evil to neutralise another evil already pervading in the system practically.
Sudan
2009-12-13 09:18:11 UTC
Reservation is biggest "Virus" in Indian political system you can't eradicate it.It is biggest problem in coming time in India because every political party could not oppose it and not having any courage to oppose it,so bigger players are every time playing their political game by this reservation demand.Take it sure, it will corrupt all system of India and will make it third class country.

Knowledge and ability is prime for key potions if subside them than you will choose only incapable person for the post and he will work accordingly to his knowledge only.If a Doctor,Engineer,Judge,IAS,IPS,Collector,Magistrate,Lecturer,Teacher as like that will be selected on the merit of caste only with lower abilities than what will be happened ? We will produce only lower results in all sectors.But this is not the criteria of these days politicians they all after the votes only for that they are ready to compromise every thing.

These reservation policies they (All political parties) will regularize in their own party by same way as they are doing for every sector of India ?They will gives them the post,permotions,leadership etc in their own party ?Why they are not selecting the President of party on reservation system ?Why they not set the all reservation in their party systems ?

They can't,no body wants to lose his/her power by any means but they all are player to gain the power on others loses even National lose !
2009-12-13 09:45:33 UTC
reservations cannot be done for prime minister, president, CM and other ministry otherwise there will be a huge problem for our politicians.

I am against reservation but why the women reservation bill haven't passed yet. because it is not favourable for our politicians.

Reservations are done for benefit of vote bank and some people are fools who think reservations will improve the condition of some people.

e.g. for SC/ST, they pay less fees than general category people in school and colleges. but, where are the schools? the backward people live in those areas where there are no schools, if there is any school, the teachers bunk classes more than the students. they have no money to pay even less fees for colleges. so, how their condition will improve? that's why they remain backward after so many years of implementation of reservation for them. reservation is just an eyewash.

also, this reservation system hamper the quality of work and is a major obstacle in India's development.

WOW, MS has again tried to justified the reservation system.
J.SWAMY I ఇ జ స్వామి
2009-12-12 20:36:18 UTC
Students and employees need reservations because they progress well and benefit the society. President Prime minister and others don`t progress and are a liability to people. So they don`t need quotas
2016-04-09 09:27:23 UTC
Actually Constitution is silent on Political Parties. There is no mention of Political parties at all. But the Chief Minister or Prime Minister selected by the Governor and President should enjoy the confidence of the members of the Assembly and Parliament respectively. Even if the PM and CM are elected directly, if they do not have the support of the legislatures they cannot function effectively. In that case entire Constitution should be rewritten to give more power to the PM and CM..
rama
2009-12-14 07:39:45 UTC
playing safe